Servings: 4 people
- 2 each eggs
- 2 each ripe bananas
- 85 grams butter – for batter
- 15 grams butter – for frying
- 240 ml long-lasting milk
- 0.5 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 330 ml flour
- olive oil – for frying
- 1 pack bacon (can be exluded)
- 4 tblsp honey
- 250 ml turkish yoghurt (can be excluded)
- Crack eggs into bowl and mush up with bananas using a fork. Add melted butter, milk and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients and whisk thoroughly until the batter is smooth with small pieces of banana. (If you're not planning on frying straight away, hold off on the baking powder, and add that right before frying).
- Render bacon (if using as a side) slowly on low heat in a pan. It takes around 20 mins.
- Fry up banana pancakes in a little bit of butter and some olive oil on medium to high heat. The first one may not be so pretty, but they get better as you go along! They come out like american style pancakes, use about 3 tblsp batter in the hot pan. Fry for 2-4 mins until bubbles form on the surface. Flip and fry for another minute or so on the other side until golden brown.
- Eat pancakes as they get ready with a side of bacon and some honey. You can also exlcude the bacon and use turkish yoghurt instead.