Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Easy Chicken Stew with Ajvar Relish
Easy-to-make chicken stew flavoured with coconut milk and ajvar relish (flavourful relish with grilled peppers and aubergine). If you order frozen chicken you can make this dish up until your second night. Served with rice.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 500 grams frozen chicken breast defrosted
- 1 tblsp oil
- salt and pepper free of charge section
- 250 grams mushrooms sliced
- 1 each yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic, or garlic paste
- 100 ml ajvar relish ('oil, condiments & pastes' section)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 pack chicken stock, fond du chef
- 200 grams halved cherry tomatoes, or 0.5 can conserved cherry tomatoes
- 75 grams fresh spinach (can be excluded)
- 350 grams basmati or long-grain rice
Cut chicken in strips. Brown in your large frying pan in butter or oil, Season with salt & pepper. Remove chicken from pan.
Add mushrooms, onions to the pan, fry for 5 mins, Add garlic and fry another 2 min. Season lightly.
Whisk together ajvar relish, coconut milk and stock. Add to pan together with your chicken and simmer for 5 mins.
Add tomatoes and spinach, bring to a simmer. Make sure your chicken is cooked through.
Note! Always taste your food and adjust. Maybe a little hot sauce, a few drops of vinegar, a little sugar or honey, salt & pepper.
Serve with basmati or long-grain rice. If you use long-grain rice you can make extra and make a rice salad for lunch.