The most classic of all Swedish dishes. Making meatballs from scratch is a little messy for the outdoors and minced meat has a short shelf-life, so we’re going with ready-made meatballs. The traditional accompaniments are lingonberry jam (similar to cranberry sauce), creamy gravy and sliced cucumber.
Servings: 4 people
- 800 grams new potatoes
- 2 pack meatballs, 350 grams
- 2 bag creamy gravy mix
- 400 ml milk, or long-lasting milk
- 200 ml water
- 8 tblsp lingonberry jam
- 0,5 each cucumber – thinly sliced
- Boil potatoes.
- Whisk creamy gravy mix with 100 ml water and 200 ml milk. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Let simmer for 2 minutes. Taste, maybe a little more salt & black pepper. Set aside.
- Fry meatballs.
- Serve potatoes and meatballs with creamy gravy, lingonberry jam and cucumber.