Easy-to-make chicken stew flavoured with coconut milk and ajvar relish (flavourful relish with grilled peppers and aubergine). If you order frozen chicken you can make this dish up until your second night. Served with rice.
Servings: 4 people
- 500 grams frozen chicken breast – defrosted
- 1 tblsp oil
- salt and pepper – free of charge section
- 250 grams mushrooms – sliced
- 1 each yellow onion – diced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic, or garlic paste
- 100 ml ajvar relish (‘oil, condiments & pastes’ section)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 pack chicken stock, fond du chef
- 200 grams halved cherry tomatoes, or 0.5 can conserved cherry tomatoes
- 75 grams fresh spinach (can be excluded)
- 350 grams basmati or long-grain rice
- Cut chicken in strips. Brown in your large frying pan in butter or oil, Season with salt & pepper. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add mushrooms, onions to the pan, fry for 5 mins, Add garlic and fry another 2 min. Season lightly.