Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This is great and tasty way to cook eggs for everyone at the same time.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 each yellow onion chopped
- 1-2 each green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic, or garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander (free of charge section)
- 1 tsp paprika (free of charge section)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (free of charge section)
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 2 can conserved cherry tomatoes
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4-8 each eggs
This is a two-pot affair if you're cooking for 4 persons. Use your frying pan for the veggies and then transfer to your pots.
Heat olive oil in your frying pan. Add the onions, green peppers, garlic, spices, pinch salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to pots.
Add the tomatoes and sugar. Simmer until the tomato mixture begins to reduce, about 10-12 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Using your ladle, make indentations, or “wells,” for the eggs in the tomato mixture (make sure the indentations are spaced out). Gently crack an egg into each indention.
Reduce the heat, cover the skillet, and cook on low until the egg whites are set.
Serve with naan bread, tortillas or other white bread you have around.