Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Swedish Breakfast - Later in Your Trip
Us Swedes rarely have a cooked breakfast, except for boiled eggs and oatmeal. Good sandwich options for later in your trip is crisp bread or kavring (very dark rye bread) topped with long-lasting whole smoked sausage, or vegetarian pate.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 4 each eggs boiled
- 8 slices crisp bread, kavring or soft rye
- 4 tblsp butter
- 1 whole smoked sausage like "Onsala" or Juniper smoked, sliced
- 0.5 tube alternatively, vegetarian pate ('vegetarian' section)
- 0.5 jar pickles
- 1 liter long-lasting milk
- 240 grams musli 240 grams, or Oatmeal Deluxe, see recipe 600 ml
- 8 tblsp strawberry or raspberry jam
Boil eggs. Put them in when water is boiling, 12 mins for hard-boiled, 7 mins for soft.
Spread butter on bread. For meat eaters: Add sliced sausage and pickles. For vegetarians: spread vegetarian pate and add pickles.
Serve musli with long-lasting milk and a dollop of jam. Alternatively, make oatmeal.