Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Classic Pickled Herring Sandwich on 'Kavring'
Very classic Swedish sandwich. Don't be afraid of the pickled herring. This is the all-time favourite on our guided trips. Folks that don't think they're gonna like neither herring nor roe love it!!! Prepare the creamy salad and hard boiled eggs before you set off in the morning.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 8 slices kavring (very dark rye bread)
- 2 tblsp butter
- 4 each eggs hard-boiled and sliced
- 2 jar pickled herring, regular
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 150 ml creme fraiche regular 34%
- 0.5 each red onion finely diced
- 3 tblsp red roe, caviar, or vegan roe
- 1 each lemon 1-2 tblsp juice
- 1 bunch dill chopped, 3 tblsp
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
Mix mayo, creme fraicge, red onion, roe, lemon juice, dill, salt & pepper. Taste and adjust.
Butter kavring. Place sliced egg on top and then a dollop of the creamy mixture. Top with herring.