Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Creamy Pasta with Ham, Peppers & Leek
Easy yummy pasta dish. A cool trick to thicken the sauce is to use some starchy pasta water.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 each red bell pepper 0.5 cm strips
- 2 cloves thinly sliced garlic, or garlic paste
- 0.5 each leek cut length-wise and sliced thinly
- 2 twigs fresh rosemary, chopped, or 0.5 tsp dried (free of charge section)
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 100 grams smoked ham, whole piece or sliced cubed from whole piece or thinly sliced
- 300 ml creme fraiche regular 34%
- 100 ml pasta water from draining
- 85 grams parmesan shredded
- 400 grams spaghetti, or penne
Boil pasta, add just a little oil so it doesn't stick while making the sauce. Save some of the water for your sauce, the starch will help thickening it.
Sautee veggies and rosemary in oil in a frying pan, they should just soften, not get any colour. Season, be careful with the salt though, the ham will be salty.
Add garlic and ham a sautee another couple of mins. Add pasta water and simmer for a couple of mins, then add creme fraiche and heat until sauce is warm. Mix with pasta.
Finish with grated parmesan and serve.