Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chorizo and Chickpea Stew
Serve with rice. Conserved cherry tomatoes are great for stews, sweeter and better flavour than regular chopped tomatoes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tblsp oil
- 4 each chorizo sausages cut on the slant
- 2 cloves sliced garlic, or garlic paste
- 1 each red onion diced
- 1 tblsp paprika (free of charge section)
- 1.5 tsp cumin (free of charge section)
- 1 each red bell pepper diced
- 1 can conserved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp soy sauce (free of charge section)
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 each lemon
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 350 grams rice
Brown chorizo with garlic in some oil, 2 mins. Remove from frying pan. Add more oil and onions, peppers and spices, fry a few mins. Add cherry tomatoes and soy, simmer for 15 mins. Add some water if needed.
Add chickpeas and chorizo/garlix mix and simmer for 5 mins. Add lemon juice, taste and adjust.
Serve with rice, or tortillas.