Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Super munchy dish, no way around it! Can be made up until your second evening if you're using frozen chicken.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tblsp oil
- 500 grams chicken breast cut in 2 cm pieces
- 1 each red onion chopped
- 1 each red bell pepper chopped
- 2 rib celery chopped
- salt (free of charge section)
- 4 cloves chopped garlic, or garlic paste
- 2 tblsp chili powder (free of charge section)
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper (free of charge section)
- 2 tsp cumin (free of charge section)
- 1.5 tsp paprika (free of charge section)
- 1 tsp oregano (free of charge section)
- 2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock, 0.5 pack fond du chef
- 1 each bay leaf
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 dashes worcestershire sauce (free of charge section)
- 1-2 tsp red wine vinegar (free of charge section)
- 2 bag tortilla chips
- 1 bag grated cheese
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 300 ml sour cream
- 1 each lime
This one is a little tricky to fit in the pot. Have two Trangias going if you're 4 persons and start by frying the chicken and veggies in a frying pan.
Add half the oil to your frying pan and brown the chicken. Remove. Add more oil and chopped onion, bell pepper, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the onion is translucent, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Add the garlic, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, paprika and oregano. Cook until fragrant while stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Divide into two pots (or tarnsfer to one pot if you're cooking for 2 persons).
Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, the drained kidney beans, stock, bay leaf, sugar and worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and let the mixture come to a simmer. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, for 25 minutes. Mash some of the beans up with a fork so you get a thicker consistency. Add chicken and cook for another 5 mins or until cooked through.
Add the vinegar, to taste. Add salt to taste and maybe some hot sauce if you want it spicier. Put tortilla chips in bowls, cheese on top and then your chicken nachos, that will melt the cheese. Top with sour cream and fresh coriander and squeeze some lime juice on top. If you have some left-over it's great in an egg burrito in the morning.