Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Kashmiri Gobi - Indian Cauliflower
This is a great indian dish that's different than your regular curry and very delicious.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 6 tblsp oil
- 4 cloves chopped garlic, or garlic paste
- 2 tblsp minced ginger, or ginger paste
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 large cauliflower broken up into florets
- 0.5 tblsp garam masala (free of charge section)
- 1 tsp turmeric (free of charge section)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (free of charge section)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (free of charge section)
- 4 each bay leaf (free of charge section)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt (free of charge section)
- 6 tblsp raisins
- 1 bag cashew nuts
- 350 grams basmati or long-grain rice
- 200 ml creme fraiche or greek yogurt (can be excluded if later in your trip)
Add oil to frying pan and fry cauliflower until it starts to get colour and softens. Take it up.
Satuee garlic, ginger and spices for a couple of minutes. Add tomatoes, salt & sugar, cook for 7 mins. Add cauliflower and mix well, cook until cauliflower is soft. Taste and adjust!
Sprinkle cashew nuts and raisans on top and serve with rice. Creme fraiche/yoghurt is a nice complement.