Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Indian Veggie & Chickpea Curry
A veggie curry is one of the best dishes out there to cook towards the end of your trip, no matter if you're a vegetarian or not! Served with rice, mango chutney and naan bread.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tblsp oil
- 3 each potatoes cut in 2.5 cm chunks
- 2 each sweet potatoes cut in 2.5 cm chunks
- 1 each yellow onion finely diced
- 3 cloves chopped garlic, or garlic paste
- 1 tblsp minced ginger, or ginger paste
- 1 each red chili, or chili paste ,deseeded and chopped
- 1 tblsp garam masala (free of charge section)
- 1 tsp turmeric (free of charge section)
- 2 tblsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 1 pack vegetable stock, 1 pack fond du chef
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 head broccoli (can be excluded ) broken up in florets
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 350 grams basmati or long-grain rice
- 4 each naan breads
- 1 jar mango chutney
Heat oil in a pot, sautee onion 7 mins. Add ginger, garlic, garam masala, chili, turmeric, salt & pepper and sautee a couple more minutes. Add tomato paste and sautee 2 more mins. Add potatoes, coconut milk, vegetable stock and enough water to cover veggies. Simmer with a lid appr. 10 mins. Add broccoli, simmer for another 5 mins or so.
In the meantime cook rice.
Once potatoes are soft, add chickpeas. Simmer for a couple of minutes until the chickpeas are warm.
Note! Always taste your food and adjust. Maybe a little hot sauce, more garam masala, a few drops of vinegar, a little sugar or honey, salt & pepper.
Serve with rice, mango chutney and naan bread.