Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Maroccan Root Vegetable & Chickpea Stew
Hearty vegan stew that's great towards the end of your adventure.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 each onions sliced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic, or garlic paste
- 2 tblsp tomato paste
- 1.5 tblsp sambal oelek
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin (free of charge section)
- 0.25 tsp coriander (free of charge section)
- 4 each carrots halved lengthwise
- 3 each parnips halved lengthwise
- 2 each sweet potatoes cut in 4, large cut in 8 pieces
- 300 g turnip cut in 3.5 cm chunks
- 500 ml vegetable stock, 1 pack fond du chef
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (can be excluded)
Heat the oil in the pot and fry the onions for 5 minutes, to soften but not brown.
Add the garlic, tomato purée, sambal oelek, cumin and coriander and cook for 2 min.
Add the carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes and turnip. Pour in the stock and season. Cover and simmer for 25 mins until the vegetables are tender.
Stir in the chickpeas and canned tomatoes and warm through for 5 mins. Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander.
Note! Always taste your food and adjust. Maybe a little hot sauce, more spices, a few drops of vinegar, a little sugar or honey, salt & pepper.