Vegetarian take on the very classic Swedish dish “Pytt-i-panna”.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 tblsp butter
- 8 each potatoes – cut in 2 cm pieces
- 2 each yellow onion – sliced thinly
- 2 each carrots – cut in 2 cm pieces
- 2 each parnips – cut in 2 cm pieces
- 0.5 piece celeriac – cut in 2 cm pieces
- 1 can chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1 tblsp soy (free of charge section)
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 1 tblsp oil
- 4 each eggs – fried
- 1 jar pickled beets
- Boil root vegetables until cooked but firm (can’t be mushy). Celeriac will take the longest, drop it 4 mins before dropping carrots & parsnip, after another 3 mins drop potatoes.
- Note! You’ll have to fry a couple of rounds, don’t over-stuff your pan. Add some butter to a quite hot pan. Add your root vegetable and brown until soft but not falling apart. It takes lots of butter to get a nice brown, no skimping! Add your onions towards the end. Add salt and pepper and taste. Add chickpeas and soy sauce.
- Serve with a fried eggs and pickled beets.