Luxurious take on our classic “Pytt-i-panna” with root vegetables, lamb sausage, smoked pork belly and smoked ham. Good long-lasting meat options, you won’t use all of the packs so make sure to have a plan for your left-over meat. Very delicious super traditional dish eaten with a fried egg and pickled beet roots. Don’t skip out on the beets, the acidity cuts through the richness of the dish. If you like to cook and don’t mind putting some extra effort in, this is a must-try!
Servings: 4 people
- 800 grams boiled root vegetables, i.e. potatoes, carrots, parsnip, celeriac – cut in 2 cm pieces
- 3 tblsp butter
- 1 each yellow onion, – sliced thinly
- 200 grams smoked pork belly – 1 cm pieces
- 150 grams smoked ham in whole piece – 1 cm pieces
- 2 each lamb sausages – cut on the slant
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 4 each eggs – fried
- 1 jar pickled beets
- Boil root vegetables until cooked but firm (can’t be mushy). Celeriac will take the longest, drop it 4 mins before dropping carrots & parsnip, after another 3 mins drop potatoes.
- Note! You’ll have to fry a couple of rounds, don’t over-stuff your pan. Add some butter to a quite hot pan. Add your hash ingredients except the onion and fry until browned and the root vegetables are soft but not falling apart. It takes lots of butter to get a nice brown, no skimping! Add your onions towards tge end. Add salt and pepper and taste. Remember you have some salty ingredients in there already.