Great way to use up some more of your box of rice. When having dinner, boil some extra rice for this salad. Long-lasting ingredients, enjoy it with some sliced whole salami, “Onsala” sausage or juniper smoked sausage if you’re craving some meat with it. Prepare salad before you set off in the morning.
Servings: 4 people
- 350 grams long-grain rice – cooked
- 0.5 each red onion – finely diced
- 2 piece grilled peppers in a jar (appr 8 in a jar) – chopped
- 120 ml celery – finely diced
- 120 ml carrot – finely diced
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 1 pack dressing mix, Herb garden or Italian
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 3 tblsp water
- Whisk together olive oil, water and dressing mix into a vinaigrette.
- Put the rice and all the vegetables in a bowl. Drizzle with most of the vinaigrette and use two big forks to combine, fluffing the rice and tossing gently to separate the grains. Taste and adjust with salt & pepper and maybe a little more vinaigrette.