Halloumi cheese is a great substitute for meat. Nice consistency and can be fried.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tblap olive oil
- 300 grams halloumi cheese – cut in 1 cm cubes
- 2 each carrots – cut in 0,5 cm cubes
- 0.5 each red onion – finely diced
- 3 rib celery – diced
- 1 each zucchini – cut in 1 cm cubes
- 3 cloves chopped garlic, or garlic paste
- 100 ml black olives
- 6 each sundried tomatoes – cut in strips
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 0.5 jar ajvar relish (‘oil, condiments & pastes’ section)
- Fry halloumi on some oil until browned, put aside.
- Add more oil and fry the veggies, around 5 mins, add garlic and fry another 2 mins, add salt & pepper.
- Add olives, sun-dried tomatoes and halloumi and heat up. Taste & adjust. Serve with ajvar relish on the side.