If you haven’t tried halloumi, give it a go! Such a different consistency than other cheeses and can be fried. Creme fraiche is another one of our favs.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tblsp oil
- 1 each yellow onion – finely diced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic, or garlic paste
- 3-4 each carrots – quarter length-wise and slice in 0.5 cm pieces
- 200 ml vegetable stock, 0.5 pack fond du chef
- 1 each red bell pepper – cut in 1 cm pieces
- 200 ml creme fraiche with sun-dried tomatoes and feta
- 150 grams halloumi cheese – cut in 1 cm strips
- 1 each lemon
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 350 grams long-grain rice
- Boil rice.
- Sautee carrots and onions in oil until onion is translucent, add garlic and sautee another minute, season. Add vegetable stock and simmer until carrots are soft. Add bell pepper, vegetable stock and creme fraiche. Simmer until the sauce is quite thick.
- Fry halloumi and a dry frying pan. Add to sauce. Add lemon juice. Taste and adjust.
- Serve halloumi stroganoff with rice and maybe a salad made of cabbage.