French toast is fantastic for camping. Super delicious and reasonably practical. We make it on our guided trips! This recipe is for 1.5-2 slices per person.
Servings: 4 people
- 300 ml milk, or long-lasting milk, soy milk or oat milk
- 100 ml flour
- 2 each eggs
- 0.5 tsp salt (free of charge section)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 6-8 slices white bread
- 6 tblsp butter
- cinnamon (free of charge section)
- 6 tblsp sugar
- 2 box cottage cheese
- 200 ml jam, strawberry or raspberry/blueberry
- Start with 100 ml of water and the flour, whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the milk, eggs, sugar and salt and make a smooth batter.
- Dip bread slices in the batter and fry in butter until golden.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top and serve with a dollop of cottage cheese and jam on top.