Serve with rice. Conserved cherry tomatoes are great for stews, sweeter and better flavour than regular chopped tomatoes.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tblsp oil
- 4 each chorizo sausages – cut on the slant
- 2 cloves sliced garlic, or garlic paste
- 1 each red onion – diced
- 1 tblsp paprika (free of charge section)
- 1.5 tsp cumin (free of charge section)
- 1 each red bell pepper – diced
- 1 can conserved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp soy sauce (free of charge section)
- 1 can chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 1 each lemon
- salt and pepper (free of charge section)
- 350 grams rice
- Boil rice.
- Brown chorizo with garlic in some oil, 2 mins. Remove from frying pan. Add more oil and onions, peppers and spices, fry a few mins. Add cherry tomatoes and soy, simmer for 15 mins. Add some water if needed.
- Add chickpeas and chorizo/garlix mix and simmer for 5 mins. Add lemon juice, taste and adjust.
- Serve with rice, or tortillas.