This isn’t the most practical dish to make, it takes a long time. But in nature we got all the time in the world right! Long-lasting ingredients so can be made very late on your trip. Be aware that you’ll get quite a bif of left-over sponge cake mix.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 each apples – peeled and sliced very think
- 0.25 box sponge cake mix (‘Sweeteners, baking needs & custard’ section)
- 4 tblsp butter
- 50 ml water
- 1 box custard, ready-made (‘Sweeteners, baking needs & custard’ section)
- You need to use the frying pan that comes with the Trangia cooker for the pie, and your other one as a lid.
- Whisk together sponge cake mix and water.
- Melt butter in pan, add apples. Lower your flame as much as humanly possible. Pour over the spone cake batter, cover and wait for an eternity until the cake is ready.
- Flip it upside down into your larger frying pan. Serve with custard,